Thursday, September 5, 2013

I Heart Curb Alerts


SO shabby , so much potential

I was working on a longer post about how we took two rooms that were open to one another and made them into separate and functional rooms.  BUT... I saw a curb alert on craigslist last night that I had to have.  It's such a rush every time I pick up a great piece of furniture for FREE.  Here's a sneak preview of this sweet little antique dresser.  Hubby and I started working our magic on it today, so two DIY posts will be coming soon.  Thanks to all who are reading my blog in its infancy.  I am so grateful for your interest, your encouraging comments and your support!

The top is a veneer, the rest looks like solid mahogany.
3 layers of paint to remove
  


Isn't she cute?

3 comments:

  1. Great piece, Jen! You gotta love "free"! : ) Lots of potential here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy! I've switched to WordPress since this post and you can actually see the finished product in this post on my new site. I hope you'll check it out!

      http://driftwood-gardens.com/sunday-doggie-derby-dresser-re/

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous piece - love the scalloping at the bottom edge. I look forward to your post! I'm just working on a dresser myself but not nearly as nice as that.

    ReplyDelete