Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Insane August Weather at the Jersey Shore

I am quite unexpectedly home early from work today and able to write a post.  The roof of our office caught fire when lightning struck it this morning.  After being evacuated into torrential rains and strong winds I think we were all happy to leave our lunch bags at the office and go home for the day.  Luckily everyone made it out safely!  When I left the office about 2 hours ago they were still working on getting the fire out.


The weather this summer has been so unusual, with heat waves throughout the month of July and very mild August temperatures so far.  The forecast for tomorrow calls for low humidity and a breezy 70 degrees - unheard of for this time of year!  After Hurricane Sandy we are pretty much prepared for anything around here, and happy when we don't have flooding, wind and property damage.  Today I'm taking the weather as a sign that I should take a nice long nap this afternoon and look forward to a cool day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry about the fire and torrential rains, but it sounds like you made the best of it.

    We are having crazy weather in southern California. I live on the coast and sat outside with our new puppy in my down vest still freezing.

    I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete